Monday, November 14, 2011

Back in North Carolina

Dear Family and Friends,

I just wanted to say thank you for the outpouring of love that has been shown to my family and I. I know that my mother was a very special lady who touched many, many lives. I hope I can be as Christ-like as her someday. She is incredible. Thank you for the encouraging words of comfort and peace that each of you have shared. It has helped sooth the hearts of our family.

The plane trip back to NC wasn't too eventful. I didn't sit by anyone on the SLC to Minneapolis flight and then I sat by 4 people that were all from Utah on the Minneapolis to Raleigh flight. It was really hard to come back, but I know this is where Heavenly Father needs/wants me. I feel like this is where mom would want me to be too. She always wanted to serve a mission and President Cotterell told me that he believes that she will be permitted to follow the work here in NC. I believe that too. I also feel like she must be comforting me because my heart does not hurt as badly and I felt quite distinctly that she wants us to be happy. Sister Welch and Sister Matthews and Sister Bateman met me in Goldsboro after the Senior Sisters (Sister Young and Sister Arkell) picked me up from the airport. They were wonderful to ride back with. They offered many encouraging words...since they both had been in similar situations. Sister W, Sister M, and Sister B blasted me with all sorts of positive energy. I went to bed after we planned. Airplanes and hyper sister missionaries make me tired.

We went to church in the Albertson ward yesterday. That was the first time I have been to that ward. It is totally different from the Woodington ward. It is about half in English and half in Spanish. The elders in that ward are Spanish-speaking and they only do gospel principles in Spanish there because all of the investigators are Hispanic. (our investigator, Claire is too) So, we went to gospel principles and I caught a few things here and there. Expacion (or something like that) =Atonement. That is what we learned about. One of the men sitting in the back really agreed with what one of the Elders said and kept saying "amen" all through the lesson. Elder Taylor is one of the elders in that ward and he, like many others in this mission is from Kaysville. Relief Society was all about the second coming. Claire understands English really well so she learned a lot. She said she wants to get baptized because she doesn't want to get burned to stubble. I think that is a good reason. Maybe we should start telling people that. ;) She is amazing though. She knows it's all true. She just needs to get a marriage license so she can be legally married to her boyfriend.

I don't really know what else to say except that I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. I knew it was before, but it has a much, much deeper meaning to me now. It is hard, but I read about Paul today in 2 Corinthians. He talked about how he had afflictions and trials and how the Lord will help us overcome them. I keep trying to remember that. I know that mom is helping bring about Heavenly Father's great plan of "bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." God's plan really is so much grander than our own. I suppose sometimes we need to learn to trust the Lord and his wisdom in all things.

I hope you all know how much I love each of you. I am thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful people who set such wonderful examples for me. Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for being there in a time of much need.
Thank you family for your support and love and everything else. It means the world to me and wish I could somehow make it up to you all.

Don't ever forget that I love you!

Much love,

Sister J

No comments:

Post a Comment