Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall is finally here!

Fall is finally here! The air is crisp and the cold goes straight to your bones. I think I will be permanently cold until next summer. (sigh).

Things went really well this week! We had a delicious dinner with the Wade family on Monday night. They made these delicious orange rolls and their little girl Ausha made us laugh. We also got to meet with a part member family, sister Coombs and her husband whom we affectionately refer to as "brother Bill." (He requested that we call him that haha..) We taught them the last half of the Plan of Salvation. Bill really wants to make sure he is doing everything he needs to in order to make it to "Heaven." He is also very stubborn and likes to stand by his catholic beliefs. It is fun teaching him the gospel. Now he just needs to start coming to church!

We met with a less active on tuesday. Her name is sister Drake. I love sister Drake. She is a riot.  She joined the church about 2 years ago and has been struggling as of late. We went over and she asked us a zillion questions. We mostly just listened and told her about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. Going back to the basics so to say. It will be fun working with her more in the future.
We met with Dennis and Reshell afterwards. They are both doing great! Dennis has been working on quitting smoking. He went and bought a whole bunch of smokeless cigarettes (they use water vapor). Reshell was so happy. I think it is so neat to see how the gospel changes people. One of my favorite things is seeing how reading from the Book of Mormon helps a person gain confidence and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and then, they begin to gain confidence and faith in their own selves because they begin to understand their relationship with God. It is the best!
2 ward had their trunk-or-treat in the evening. It was chaos. Mona came! Also another crazy miracle was that Charmaina's kids all came and as they were walking around, a recent convert (Shaunti) saw Shade (Charmaina's daughter) and said hi to her. We asked Shaunti about it and she told us, "Oh yeah. I've known Charmaina and Shade for years! We used to babysit each others' kids." So, that was providential if I do say so myself!

Happy Halloween! Wednesday was a crazy district meeting. We told Elder Masulonis we wanted to do introductions (now that it is the end of the transfer) so we knew who our district members were a little better. He took it to the extreme and made us answer a bunch of ridiculous questions that were totally gentile! (By gentile we mean that it doesn't have anything to do with the gospel. For example, "Who is your favorite Disney character and why?")
The elders all wore the ugliest ties they had since it was Halloween. They really were ugly.
Afterwards we painted pumpkins with Sister Patrick and her daughter, Allison and shared a message about prayer from the ensign. The Savior sets the perfect example of how we should pray in 3 Nephi 19:19-20,23.

We went on exchanges with Sister Hocking on Thursday and visited the sweetest less active lady named Sister Van Riper. She is the most service-oriented person I think I've ever met. She was so sweet.

Friday was fun! We went to Sister Falco (returning less active) and had a pizza party with her. She told us she had been craving pizza so we went and bought one to share with her. Sister Arkell and Sister Burdick, the office sisters came and we had a great time. We also had a bizarre lesson with her. It definitely didn't go as planned, but ended on a high note. :]

Saturday we had coordination with second ward which is always a trip. We have some funny folks in that ward.
We had lunch with less active sister Nachel and her daughter Jessica and afterwards went to Sister Beck's house to get some music for Sister Asay. (She's singing in sacrament next week! I am playing the piano! Yay!)

Sunday was a day I was quite honestly very nervous about. I wasn't sure if I would be an emotional wreck or not. Surprisingly, I was just fine. I still feel fine right now too. I felt very calm and peaceful and I really believe that it was because mom doesn't want us to be sad. She wants us to find joy in life. I love her and I miss her so much. It still hurts, but when it does, I always am comforted. Especially as I read the Book of Mormon. That Book is true.

I love you all!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment