Monday, September 30, 2013

Nostalgia Lane

Happy Autumn! The leaves are starting to turn here. It's going to be a lovely fall! I hope to enjoy the weather and not get stuck in my textbooks too much.


It's funny to think that one year ago today I was walking around Raleigh knocking on random people's doors telling them about my belief in Jesus Christ and His love for each of us. Some of those random people may have felt something warm their heart and decided to let us come into their homes to share more. I'm really glad I had the experience of going on a mission. As I mopped the floor this morning, I thought about the many lessons and principles I learned as a missionary. I think one of the primary lessons that I learned was that we can control our outlook on life despite what our circumstances may be.


As President Dieter F. Uchtdorf beautifully presented:


We shouldn’t wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available—all the time! Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect. “This is the day which the Lord hath made … ,” the Psalmist wrote. “Rejoice and be glad in it.”
Brothers and sisters, no matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it.
Perhaps we should be looking less with our eyes and more with our hearts. I love the quote: “One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.”


I suggest reading the entire talk, "Of Regrets and Resolutions"

I determine my happiness. :)





I'm really excited for October! I found this yummy recipe in my inbox the other day and I'm really excited to make it. Cooking is turning out to be more enjoyable than I ever thought imaginable.

Tyler and I are anticipating the release of the newest album from ARCADE FIRE at the end of October as well. The single from their new album has the best music video ever! if you go to justareflektor.com it should pull up. If you're an apple geek make sure you use google chrome instead of Safari. :)

School is...school. I enjoy it, but also struggle a lot. Last week was a tough one for me, but I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things and I think once I start to see how everything fits together I'll find it very enjoyable. 

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment