Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heading to North Carolina!!

Hola mi familia y amigo(a)s!
 
Today (Saturday 6/25) is Pday since we won't be getting one on monday. Ah! I can't believe it's time to go already. This week has been a roller coaster of a week.
We've had a lot of really good teaching experiences and I've learned a lot. Apparently, I need a good humbling every couple of days.
We taught our investigator, Duncan about the law of chastity. He took it well. Our teacher who was role playing as Duncan got a bloody nose while we were teaching him. We told all of the Elders that he didn't take the Law of Chastity lesson to well so we had to give him a good punch in the nose.
When we were discussing baptism with Duncan, he told us, "boy, I sure am glad I was baptized as a baby so I don't need to do that again." Sis. oliverson and sis. bateman started cracking up. I started laughing too.
We taught Junichi and just bore our testimonies about faith and repentance and baptism and the Holy Ghost for an hour. We sang I am a child of God. I don't know why Ms. Jarman ever let me do choir in high school. It did bring the spirit though. We committed him to come to church!
Then, we taught Michelle. I guess I was feeling too confident from all the success we had with our other investigators. That lesson wasn't the best. So, now I feel like I'm back at square one with my ability to be an effective missionary.
It's so much fun though! I love it.
This week has been super crazy because 1/3 of all the mission presidents are being replaced so the 12 apostles and the first presidency have been here all week. We had a really awesome devotional last night and elder Bednar spoke about how to be a preach my gospel missionary. It was an awesome talk and was very encouraging.
The elders thought it would be funny if we switched nametags around. There is an Elder Johnson in our zone so, they stole his nametag and swapped it with mine and stuck my tag on his jacket. He walked around as sister Johnson for about half an hour before he figured out what had happened. there are pictures to prove it. then, the other district that Elder Johnson is from tried to get even with us by turning Elder Nii's (who is in my district) backpack inside out. This has been going on for some time now.
I'm pretty sure I got really lucky to be in the district I am in. The elders are awesome. It's like having 8 crazy awesome brothers.
received the package with everything I forgot at home. Thanks a million for sending it!
I saw sister fitch, sister Bullinger and sister ingram. I see sister Fitch at least once a week and I've seen sister Bullinger around a couple of times. I didn't think I'd actually run into her since I don't even know her, but we ran into each other in the restroom on the first day we were there. The MTC is a small world!
Oh! In one of the church pamphlets, I'm pretty sure sister Hovely from the home ward is in it.
I read a really good chapter in Alma this week. (Alma 18). I would recommend reading it. Actually, basically anything from the BOM is really good.
thanks for all the support and love! I love you all!
 
Love,
Sister J

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister Johnson,
    Can I just say love, love, love this! It is so wonderful to hear that all is going so well. I love that you have 8 crazy awesome brothers and have been able to see Sisters Fitch, Bullinger, and Ingram! It's always so wonderful to hear from you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete