Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 1 (In the MTC)

Hello from the Empty Sea!
 
Week one has been AWSEOME. I've learned so much, and my brain hurts, and I'm always tired, I cought a cold, and the food is not my favorite, but I love being here. Oh, the bunk beds don't have ladders. It's been entertaining to figure out how to get up there.
My teachers are fabulous. They have so much insight and I have learned a lot from them.
I have two companions right now, Sister Oliverson and sister Bateman. They are great. It's hard having to make sure you are constantly within sight/sound of two other people. kind of annoying about 90% of the time, but it's good.
We have 11 people in our district and we are all heading to the Raleigh Mission. The elders in our district are incredibly strong. It's really neat to see how much they've changed since day 1...and it's only day 6 right now.
Our district is on a 'pilot' program so we started teaching on day 3. It went okay for us sisters, but it was kind of a challenge to figure out how to teach and get all three of us involved. I felt like I talked WAY too much. I'm glad they have us start teaching and such though. It was a good experience.
Man, there is so much that has happened and I really don't know where to even begin.
The other missionaries in our zone have been incredible as well. They are the best.
I went to the temple this morning.,..the Provo temple is so pretty inside.
The gym time is fun. They have a track and you can run in circles outside in the field if you want. I miss being able to run where ever the wind blows me, but hey, at least I get to do something.
I couldn't figure out how to work the email thing today so, it used up about 15 mins of my time and now I am out!
I am doing very well though and love it here. Missionary work is amazing!
The church is true!
Peace.
 
Have a great week!
 
Sister J

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you don't drown in the "Empty Sea"!!! Love you and miss you terribly!!!!

    Dad!

    ReplyDelete