Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy International Waffle Day!

Yesterday was International Waffle Day! 
March honestly has the best random holidays. Period. Oh how I love March!
March 1=International Pancake Day, March 14=Pi Day, March 17=Green/Leprechaun Day, March 20=the first day of Spring, March 22=two of my most favorite people's birthdays, March 25=International Waffle Day! 
I found some history about International Waffle Day in a magazine I was reading a while back:
Waffle Day was originally the Christian Feast of Annunciation called Varfruaagen in Sweden. Varfruaagen happens to sound a whole lot like Vaffeldagan, which is Swedish for Waffle Day, so it became tradition for Swedes to make waffles as part of their religious celebration.
The first waffles were actually made in Greece.
America celebrates National Waffle Day on August 25. I guess some people get all tied up about celebrating International Waffle Day in March, but I really don't understand what the problem is. Instead of one day, there are two days that you can bust out the waffle irons! However, if I could have things my way, I would mandate that there should be a waffle day celebration at least once a month. Maybe once a week. I love my waffles; and pancakes.
Yesterday I celebrated International Waffle Day with two of my wonderful friends, Tatjana and Lis...as a girl's night out sort of thing. It was fantastic! Maple syrup, strawberries, whipped cream, raspberry syrup, peanut butter, etc. It was divine. 
Mmmmm!


3 comments:

  1. "I ate to much peanut butter and now my mouth is stuck together!" hahaha love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real though. Too much peanut butter is never a bad thing unless photography is involved. Also, I look a tiny bit Asian in this picture. Double awesome :) Also: note the matching necklaces. Best.Holiday.Ever. And Amb, I adore your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Peanut butter...mmmm. I think this picture accurately depicts how happy eating waffles can make one feel: VERY happy.:)
    You both are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete